April 17, 2020
A Message From
Rick Knox, ATHS Secretary and Dale Bridge, ATHS Treasurer
April 10, 2020
2020 Convention Update
David Schnautz, ATHS Convention Committee Chair
April 9, 2020
The ATHS Board regrets they will not be able to meet you and shake your hand in Springfield, Illinois, in May, but for the health and safety of all involved, it is simply safer to not meet face-to-face this year. Instead, the 2020 National Convention and Truck Show will be produced and presented ONLINE.
The world is changing fast, and we all are doing our best to keep up. Staying home. Washing our hands 100 times a day. Social distancing. And just like our forefathers found new and innovative ways to get their trucks to their destinations over near-impossible terrain, this Society is finding new and innovative ways to rise above the current challenges.
No matter where in the world you’re located, no matter your travel restrictions; we’re bringing our show to YOU. All you need is internet access and an interest in old trucks. Fantastic convention speakers, the excitement of the awards ceremony, informative meetings and breakout sessions, and of course, the best darn antique truck show in the world! It will all be just a click away.
Update your calendars now for this free virtual event, May 28-30, 2020. Keep an eye on your inbox for more details and invitations, coming soon. And don’t forget to mark your calendars for the ATHS National Convention & Truck Show in Harrisonburg, Virginia, in 2021.
With kind regards,
Please note: Refunds on money already paid will be processed shortly. Accommodations and transport arrangements for Springfield will need to change. Golf carts have already been cancelled by the vendor and there is no further action required on your part. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
A Message from Tom, ATHS President
MARCH 23, 2020
As of midnight March 23, 2020, the government of Kansas City has placed a stay at home order on all residents. For this reason and based on guidance from the CDC and federal and state authorities, ATHS is taking advanced action to protect our members and staff.
As of today, the ATHS office is closed to all but essential personnel. While we will make every effort to maintain the highest levels of service from our homes, there may be some delays in email or phone requests. On the bright side, Wheels of Time is on schedule, giving us all something to look forward to later this Spring.
At this time, we are continuing to take registrations for the 2020 ATHS National Convention & Truck Show. We are monitoring the situation in Illinois and await additional direction from the state government on the timing of any orders or actions. We remain hopeful.
Please be safe as we await the return to normalcy. But, let your friends at ATHS know if there is any support we can offer you during these trying times.
MARCH 13, 2020
Although the immediate risk of exposure to COVID-19, the coronavirus, is low, with rising concerns we wanted to update you on steps we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our members.
- We have open lines of communication and are in close contact with health officials, the staff at the Illinois State Fairgrounds, and our staff and leadership team.
- At this time, registration is open for the National Convention & Truck Show in Springfield, IL, on May 28-30.
- We will do everything we can to keep National Convention & Truck Show attendees and exhibitors informed and aware of any change of plans in regards to COVID-19.
- We have extended Early Bird pricing for the ATHS National Convention & Truck Show until May 1, 2020.
- The Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) has been canceled.
- The Mack Museum in Allentown, PA has closed and canceled our Town Hall meeting on April 18.
- Physical donations to the Zoe James Memorial Library will not be accepted, until further notice.
- ATHS Chapters & Divisions are being advised to postpone all meetings, shows, and public events for 30 days.
- We are actively monitoring the coronavirus situation and will respond quickly to any significant developments in the next few weeks.
Rest assured, ATHS is deeply committed to the health and safety of its members, staff, and the general public. We will continue to monitor the spread of the virus as it develops and will take whatever measures are necessary to ensure the safety of our community.
Once this is all over, we look forward to seeing you at the ATHS National Convention & Truck Show in Springfield, IL. Our Show is how most of our members kick-off the summer season. And we look forward to bringing it to you in its entirety!
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to Laurence Gration, ATHS Executive
Director, by email ([email protected]) or phone (816) 777-0933.